Results tagged ‘ Vince Papale ’
This past Tuesday, the Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame hosted their 4th annual Golf Classic at the Huntingdon Valley Country Club. The Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of Philly sports history which inducts new members annually.
The golf event was attended by many Philadelphia stars, including former Phillies, Flyers, 76ers and Eagles, along with broadcasters and other special guests. I was asked to be the photographer for the event, which was in honor of the memory of Harry Kalas. This is a tribute table with a few of Harry’s belongings and memorabilia:
The day included a putting contest, lunch, shotgun golf round, live and silent auctions, a million dollar hole-in one contest and the “High Hopes” reception and dinner. Much of the time was spent by chatting with VIP guests as well as enjoying the golf course. By the way, former Phillie Darren Daulton promised me the Phillies would be snapping out of their current funk very soon. I am holding him to that.
From top to bottom, left to right, here is Darren along with Greg Luzinski, Terry Harmon, Andy Ashby, Tyler Green, Mike Mamula (former Eagle), someone I do not know and Dickie Noles. If you know who the mystery guest is, feel free to let me know ;o)
Other sports were represented as well. This next photo collage includes former Eagles coach Dick Vermeil, former Eagles player Chuck Bednarik who was showing me his bent finger, former Eagles Eddie Khayat and Vince Papale and former Flyer, Bernie Parent, possibly the most entertaining man on the planet. If you have never met Bernie, you are missing out on a real treat. The man is a ball of energy and funnier than most professional comedians:
I have tons of other photos which show many other big stars from the day and all of the events that went on. Feel free to check that out. Thanks to the Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame for inviting me! It was a memorable day.
Photos by Jenn Zambri Photography
Our friend over at “The Max” blog is holding a Max Madness contest for MLBloggers and today, Phillies Phollowers will take on a Mets blogger, Pick Me Up Some Mets. I am petitioning for your vote :O) Please go HERE and VOTE for Phillies Phollowers!
While I have no experience at campaigning, I did think I should point out a few reason why should vote for me.
First, let’s see what I do not have to bring to the table:
– I do not have a rich, influential Daddy, like some candidates:
– I do not have young interns to get me some extra press:
– I do not have Joe Biden to yell at people for me and scare them into voting my way:
– Boys: Who provided you with the Hooters girls photo? That’s right…me.
– Girls: Who gave ya half-naked shots of Pat Burrell, Cole Hamels, Shane Victorino and the Phillie-Dales? Yes, me again.
– Everyone: Queen Latifah thinks you should vote for me!
– So does Vince Papale – and remember, he is Invincible!
– And then there is my friend Wyland, marine artist, environmentalist and all-around nice guy :O)
– And never forget The Big Man, Ryan Howard:
– Oh, and my blogging is not half-bad either :O)
Thank you for reading this shameless plug for my blog. Now, please VOTE for me! You guys rock!