Results tagged ‘ New Year ’
Is it just me, or is everyone glad 2015 is over? This was a rough year for Phillies fans, and unfortunately, 2016 does not look much more promising. But perhaps making a few New Year’s Resolutions will help set the tone in a more positive direction. These are my own personal resolutions, but they are open to all Phillies fans who wish to join me!
- I promise not to cry every time I look over at second base and realize Chase Utley is not there….ok, maybe I will cry just a few times.
- No matter how hard someone pushes me, I will not take performance enhancing drugs to improve my Phillies baseball viewing experience in what looks to be another bad year. Unless Valium counts, because I will need that to suppress my Utley crying episodes.
- I will learn the names of all the new players…unless they suck. Then I make no promises.
- I will attempt to keep my complaints about the new, extended protective netting at the ballpark to a minimum. I mean, WHY can’t people just pay attention to the game? Why do I have to suffer with my pictures being blocked by this annoying webbed crap? Ok, I think I broke that resolution already…
- I will try not to make ageist remarks about the new GM, Matt Klentak. Is this guy even out of diapers yet? Oh, sorry…do-over: At least he is old enough to drink; he will be very thankful for that this year.
- I will throw a party every time ex-Phillie Jonathan Papelbon gets into a fight with one of his new Nationals teammates (or whatever team he gets traded to next). There will be open bar if the brawl involves Bryce Harper. This is going to be a super-fun year!!
Happy New Year, everyone!
“LIKE” us on Facebook for more updates & photos!
In what has become an annual tradition, I usually post New Year Resolutions for Phillies fans at about this time. But it seems that as a fan base, most of us do seem to have our act together. As for the 2012 Phillies team, the same cannot be said. They need some serious help.
So this year, I would like to propose a set of New Year Resolutions for the team instead:
Jimmy Rollins – I resolve to stop swinging for the fences and hitting pop-ups. I will stick to line-drives and grounders.
Roy Halladay, Chase Utley & Ryan Howard – We all resolve to be healthy, productive members of this team! No more bum shoulders, ankles or knees!
Kyle Kendrick – I will not mope when I feel disrespected and just keep pitching. I will put on my big-boy pants and wear them all year long.
Carlos Ruiz – My goal is to repeat my 2012 performance, without the performance-enhancing ADHD pills, thereby regaining the respect I lost after getting suspended.
Ben Revere – I resolve to hit my first major league home run in Citizens Bank Park. If Juan Pierre can hit a homer here, then so shall I!
Ruben Amaro Jr. – No matter how tempted I am to save money, I will not sign former Phillies relief pitcher Ugueth Urbina. Yes, he paid his debt to society. However, he did attempt to murder 5 ranch hands by setting them on fire and chopping at them with a machete. Perhaps we should pass on this one.
Domonic Brown – I resolve to reach my full potential this year and prove I belong in the big leagues, preferably by May.
Mike Adams – I resolve to be fully recovered from surgery and return to my All-Star relief-pitcher form in order to be deemed worthy of my giant $12 million contract.
Charlie Manuel – I will go out on top this year! World Series or bust…
I wish you all a safe and happy New Year!