Results tagged ‘ Mark Grudzielanek ’
Reportedly, the Dodgers have offered Manny Ramirez
, super-slugger and future Hall of Famer, a one-year, 25 million dollar deal which he turned down. It seems he wants a 2 or 3 year deal. In the midst of the Phillies’ struggles to find an affordable right handed bat, it annoys me to see good players turn down extraordinary offers like this.
Just imagine all you could do with 25 million dollars?
– Send both my kids to college. Well, maybe I should re-think that one…after this recession, college tuition may spike to 15 million a year…
– Hell, with 25 million, I could probably afford to toss Derek Jeter in there too…
– Discover your own planet and name it. You are super-rich! Who will argue with you? Buy them off…
– Sleep. Sleep all I want without anyone disturbing me or telling me that I have to get up and do anything!
– Travel the world; see lions in Africa, tortoises and the Phantic’s relatives in the Galapagos and eat unusual foreign foods until I vomit.
Ok, you get the point. Seriously, who cannot live on 25 million dollars? How is this not enough? Does he plan on buying the large island instead of the small one? Has he set his goals too high? Say, Julia Roberts high?
The only logic I can see is that he wants the extra year or two in the deal because he fears an injury may hurts his chances in 2010 or 2011. But this only makes sense if you think 25 million dollars is NOT an acceptable sum of money to live on. Not to mention the millions he has brought home already! Does he not realize that if he performs well again in 2009, that another 25 million will basically be handed to him in 2010? Where is the logic?
As for the Phillies, no right-hander yet in sight. Lots of names being tossed around, but so far no bites. The most recent rumor is Nomar Garciaparra, but he may choose to retire or go to a team where he will get more playing time. Moises Alou, Mark Grudzielanek and Rich Aurilia have also been discussed, but same situation; lack of playing time may keep them away. Hey, if all else fails, I am still available :O) Call me…
And for the football fans, I have also started a Miami Dolphins page, The Dolphin Pod! All Dol-Fans, and anyone else who wants to say hello is welcome!
Remember also to check out our homepage My Team Rivals and our Phillies, Flyers, Eagles, Billy Penn Curse, Reinstate Pete Rose, Phillies Mets Rivalry, Phillies Marlins Rivalry, and Phillies Braves Rivalry pages!