Results tagged ‘ Buck Martinez ’
So, did we all thoroughly enjoy the Phillies TBS TV coverage this post-season? No? Oh, come on now, they were mildly entertaining, right? Let us examine some of the broadcasting highlights:
- These guys are brilliant; just check out this quote about Raul Ibanez: “He’s not 37 because he started his career late.” Really? Wow…the true fountain of youth; late bloomers.
- On a 2-base hit: “It’s an inside-the-park double.” You know, as opposed to the out-of-the-park double.
- During Game 1 of the NLDS, 2nd inning: “There has been great defense in this ballgame and in this series.” Yes, all 2 innings of it.
- About the catcher: “All the game calling is to make the pitcher comfortable.” The catcher calls pitches to make the pitcher comfy? Not to get outs? Ok then. Genius. Sheer genius.
- During a bunt to the pitcher with a runner on first: “He is thinking about second base because it is right behind the mound.” Is it? I never would have noticed…thanks, TBS! Baseball geography lesson 101.
- On Clayton Kershaw after he gave up a 3-run homer, allowed to 2 more runners on base and was then pitching to Ryan Howard: “This is a grow-up moment (for Kershaw).” No more little league for you buddy!
But wait, there’s more! Did you see the main sponsor for TBS during commercial breaks? Avocados. Yes, the disgusting, slimy, green fruit is THE big money maker for this station. Awesome.
And how about the commercials for the new TBS series “Men of a Certain Age.” It is October – this series is set to begin in December. Not only will we have forgotten about it by December, but with the thousands of previews shown, we have already seen the series in its entirety. No need to tune in then in December….we already know that Ray Romano plays a moron with a dirty mind; Scott Bakula is a man-sl*ut; and Andre Braugher is sad because he cannot live up to his daddy’s high expectations. Think that about covers it.
So how about some media video highlights! Here ya go; let us begin with Buck Martinez, who has NO idea which team he is watching…he mentions the Yanks and the Red Sox before he figures out it is the Phillies:
Chase Utley is also annoyed with the media coverage…watch his reaction as a media member pulls a Kanye West:
And my favorite clip of the Comcast Sportsnet coverage…Ricky Botallico flips out during the Jimmy Rollins 9th inning game winning hit in Game 4 of the NLCS:
Hope you all enjoyed these broadcasts as much as I did :O)
By the way, if anyone is looking to sell a ticket (1) to Game 3 of the World Series (the Saturday game, home opener), please email me. I cannot afford the Stub Hub prices so I am looking for anyone to take pity on me and sell me a ticket at face value or just above it. I cannot do standing room, but am open to other seating arrangements. Thank you and Go Phillies! :O)