Good News? Anyone? Bueller?
If you ask Phillies fans today if they can pass on any good news about this team right now, you will have a difficult time getting an answer. So, good news? Anyone?? …
Let us quickly recap all of the BAD news:
– The Phillies have now lost FOUR games in a row for the first time all year.
– Two of those losses were against the last place Nationals (NL East) and two more against the fourth place Pirates (NL Central).
– The Phillies have scored three runs or less in all four losses.
– Since coming off the DL, Chase Utley is hitting .195. He ended tonight’s game by flying out with the bases loaded.
– Ryan Howard suddenly looks like an automatic out at the plate. He hits into the shift next to first base on a regular basis. He hit there again tonight with an inning-ending double play with a man on third.
– Jimmy Rollins was removed from the game early with a patellar contusion. He fouled a ball off his kneecap in the first inning.
– Brian Schneider suffered a “setback” in his rehab. The Phillies say he is basically having to start all over.
– Brad Lidge had a setback of his own; he has stiffness in the shoulder he is trying to rehab.
I could go on, but that was depressing enough. So here is the only bit of good news I have for you: You can enter to win an admission ticket to the Phillies Phestival right here! Entries will be accepted until Wednesday at 6pm. Enter today!