Top 10 Reasons Why Ibanez Replacing Burrell Is A Good Thing
The Phillies announced yesterday that Raul Ibanez has “officially” been signed to a 3-year, $31.5 million dollar contract. Ibanez stated that he was encouraged by former teammate Jamie Moyer to come to Philadelphia. Ibanez replaces 9-year veteran Pat Burrell in left field. Here are just a few reasons why this change may be a good thing:
- Jamie Moyer now has someone his own age (almost) to play with.
- Elvis the dog will no longer be able to pee on the field at Citizens Bank Park.
- Women love the Latinos J
- Ibanez and Moyer can join the AARP together and get everyone discounts at I-Hop.
- We will all be entertained by Gary “Sarge” Matthews attempting to pronounce the name “Ibanez.” (Should be pronounced EE-bahn-yez.)
- Ibanez will hit fewer home runs than Burrell – maybe now people will shut-up about Philly being so “home run friendly!” Take that people!
- Think of all the money the Phillies are going to save on hair gel and body oil!
- And finally, no more Pat Burrell wedgies!
And totally off topic, Happy Birthday Chase Utley! Utley turns the big 30 today J
And for the football fans, I have also started a Miami Dolphins page, The Dolphin Pod! All Dol-Fans, and anyone else who wants to say hello is welcome!
Remember also to check out our homepage My Team Rivals and our Phillies, Flyers, Eagles, Billy Penn Curse, Reinstate Pete Rose, Phillies Mets Rivalry, Phillies Marlins Rivalry, and Phillies Braves Rivalry pages!